916 481 8106

Resident Care and Group Home Investment Properties

Investing in California property that is designed to be a business operation as a resident care or group home operation increases the potential income. Each one these types of investment properties combined with a business operation has many resource needs and requirement. Due diligent is an important step in understanding the potential profit and cost.

The California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division, issues licenses for residential facilities which provide 24-hour non-medical care for children, adults and the elderly. The following is a list of the type of assisted living facilities they oversee. A starting place to find out about these properties and operations is http://www.cdss.ca.gov

•    Foster Family Homes (FFH) provide 24-hour care and supervision in a family setting in the licensee's family residence for no more than six children.
•    Group Homes (GH) provide 24-hour non-medical care and supervision to children in a structured environment.
•    Small Family Homes (SFH) provide 24-hour care in the licensee's family residence for six or fewer children who are mentally disordered, developmentally disabled or physically handicapped and who require special care and supervision as a result of such disabilities.
•    Adult Residential Facilities (ARF) provide care for adults age 18-59, who are unable to provide for their own daily needs.
•    Adult Day Programs (ADP) provide care to persons 18 years of age or older in need of personal services, supervision, or assistance essential for sustaining the activities of daily living or for the protection of these individuals on less than a 24-hour basis.
•    Social Rehabilitation Facilities provide care in a group setting to adults recovering from mental illnesses who temporarily need assistance, guidance, or counseling.
•    Residential Care Facilities for the Chronically Ill (RCF-CI) provide care and supervision to adults who have Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
•    Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE) provide non-medical care to persons 60 years of age and over but also persons under 60 with compatible needs.

 For more information about Sacramento California Residential Care home properties to list a current property or looking to buy one of these type of investment properties contact Dan Parisi Real Estate Professional at 916 481 8106