6 reasons to hire a professional real estate agent
Is your family growing? Need more space? Is it time to downsize? Or have you taken a new job in a new city? Whatever the reason for moving, the prospect of putting your home on the market can seem a bit overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Your real estate professional can guide you through the process, tell you what to expect and offer helpful suggestions.
Regardless of how much the internet has changed the way we buy things, including homes, some constants still remain. Yes, you can sell or buy your own home with information available through a multitude of websites. However, here are six good reasons to hire a professional real estate agent.
1. This is the single most expensive purchase and/or sale most people will make in their lifetime. Is it really something you can handle with just the advice of various bloggers? The good news is you don’t need to know absolutely everything about selling and buying. Your agent is the specialist, complete with the latest industry education, real estate knowledge and years of experience.
3. Real estate agents make their living by knowing the market. And if they don’t have all the answers, they have a vast network they can tap into for info. Realtors also know the details and secrets of recent sales, listing prices, price reductions, offers that have succeeded and the reasons some sales fail.
4. A professional real estate agent has honed his or her negotiating skills and is not emotionally involved in the transaction as a homebuyer or seller generally is. Plus, an agent’s relationship is a fiduciary bond with whom he or she represents. The agent is duty bound to confidentiality and fidelity.
5. Paperwork! Anyone who has bought or sold a home knows about the volumes of paperwork, official filings, protocol, legal issues and more paperwork. That alone is one of the top reasons to trust this important event to a pro.
6. Market pricing assistance is yet one more benefit to hiring a professional. Agents do not set the price but they can give valuable guidance based on their marketing expertise and local sales conditions. They know what the going “cost per square foot” rate is, average days on the market and final selling prices for properties comparable to the one you are selling or buying.
Bonus reason 7. When choosing a real estate agent, Work with a local real estate agent to give local expertise. Dan Parisi CEO of Coffee Real Estate has a local expert team working with him to make every listing maximize its value.
When considering for a professional real estate agent in Sacramento or the Northern California foothills, you want someone you can depend on and trust. Dan Parisi is a professional real estate agent. Dan believes hard work makes success. “The ability to listen to the home owner’s wants and needs is essential in selling their house”. Dan Parisi is also buyer’s real estate agent.
Read more about Dan Parisi